Bolinas Lagoon Advisory Council
Regular Public Meeting
October 19, 2018, 12:00 p.m.
Bolinas Fire Protection District, 100 Mesa Road, Bolinas, CA 94924
The Marin County Board of Supervisors encourages a respectful dialogue that supports freedom of speech and values diversity of opinion. Commissioners, staff, and the public are expected to be polite and courteous, and refrain from questioning the character or motives of others. Please help create an atmosphere of respect by not booing, whistling or clapping; by adhering to speaking time limits; and by silencing your cell phone.
- Call to Order
- Open Time
Open time for public expression, up to three minutes per speaker, on items not on today’s agenda. The Council will hear items without return comment or discussion. Testimony regarding matters not on the agenda will not be considered part of the administrative record.
- Approve Minutes for Regular Meetings Held on October 27, 2017, April 27, 2018, and the Special Meeting Held on December 1, 2017 Approve (Action Item)
- Election of Officers (Action Item)
Recommendation: Elect a Chair and Vice-Chair for 2019-2020
- Consider Inviting a Caltrans Representative to Join the Bolinas Lagoon Advisory Council (BLAC) (Action Item)
Recommended Action: Vote on whether to recommend to the Open Space District Board of Directors that BLAC by-laws be updated to add a Caltrans representative to the Bolinas Lagoon Advisory council.
- Discussion Regarding Speeding Boats and Motor-Powered Surf Riders in the Lagoon (Action Item)
Recommended Action: Recommend to the Open Space District Board of Directors that they take action to establish a speed limit within certain areas of Bolinas Lagoon.
- State of the Lagoon Conference (Information Item)
Receive update from ad-hoc committee regarding their progress in planning the next State of Bolinas Lagoon Conference.
- Update on Bolinas Marine Lab (Information Item)
Update from Joe Mueller regarding the status of the Bolinas Marine Lab property.
- Update on Caltrans Culvert Cleanout and Maintenance on State Route 1 (Information Item)
Update on recently started Caltrans project to clean out drainage culverts underneath State Route 1 in Bolinas
- Agency Reports (Information Item)
Marin County Parks, Golden Gate National Recreation Area, Point Reyes National Seashore, and Greater Farallones National Marine Sanctuary may each provide a brief report on issues under their jurisdiction.
- Advisory Council Member Comments (Information Item)
Council members may speak briefly about items of interest to the BLAC that do not appear on the agenda. Council members may not discuss to take action on these items.
- Next Regular Meeting (Action Item)
Recommended Action: Approve Friday, April 19, 2019 as the date for the next Bolinas Lagoon Advisory Council meeting