Integrated Pest Management Commission
Regular Public Meeting
July 24,2020 9:00 a.m.
How To Watch or Listen to the Meeting
- Livestream on Community Media Center of Marin: https://cmcm.tv/livegov
- Television: Comcast Channel 27 and AT&T Channel 99
- Join Zoom meeting via a digital device: https://zoom.us/j/97437796647
- Join Zoom meeting via telephone dial-in (audio only): 1 (408) 638-0968 - Meeting ID: 974 3779 6647
How To Make a Public Comment
- Email comments to ParksComments@marincounty.org no later than 3:30 p.m. on July 23, 2020. Include the agenda item, your name, and address. These comments will be forwarded to the IPM Commission and will be placed into the public record. Attachments to emails are permitted. Please note that emailed comments will not be read aloud during the IPM Commission meeting.
- Join the Zoom meeting by device or telephone. On a device click the Zoom “raise hand” icon. On a phone press *9 to “raise hand.” The moderator will tell you when it’s your turn to speak.
- All comments become part of the public record.
The Marin County Board of Supervisors encourages a respectful dialogue that supports freedom of speech and values diversity of opinion. Commissioners, staff and the public are expected to be polite and courteous, and refrain from questioning the character or motives of others. Please help create an atmosphere of respect by not booing, whistling or clapping; by adhering to speaking time limits; and by silencing your cell phone.
- Call to Order
- Public Comment Time
Open time for public expression, up to three minutes per speaker, on items not on today's agenda. Commissioners will hear items without return comment or discussion. Testimony regarding matters not on the agenda will not be considered part of the administrative record.
- Approve Minutes for Meeting Held on January 24, 2020 (Action Item)
- IPM Coordinator’s 2020 First and Second Quarter Report (Information Item)
Staff will present an IPM program report for the 2nd and 3rd quarter of 2020. Topics will include summary of product use, violations and exemptions issued and alternative IPM efforts associated with the County’s IPM program.
- IPM activities during COVID and Shelter-in-place (Information Item)
Commissioners and staff will discuss impacts to the landscape industry and partner organizations during Marin’s recent shelter-in-place orders. Commissioner Sherman will lead a discussion and update regarding the landscape industry. Commissioner Gopinath will lead a discussion and update from Yardsmart Marin. Commissioner Londeree will present a perspective from Master Gardeners.
- Review and Discussion of Allowed Products List and Exemption Process (Information Item)
Staff and Commissioners will re-examine the exemption process for use of products not listed on the current Allowed Products List. This discussion occurred during the January 2020 meeting, and is being revisited here to address questions about the exemption process recently received by Staff.
- Call for Nominations for Annual IPM awards (Informational Item)
The commission will announce a call for nominations for the 2020 IPM Achievement Award. Commission Chair will announce due dates and protocol for the submission of nominations.
- Commission Member Comments (Information Item)
Commission members may briefly speak about items of interest to the commission that does not appear on the agenda. Commissioners cannot discuss or take action on these items.