Integrated Pest Management Commission
Regular Public Meeting
Friday, October 22, 2021 9:00 a.m.
How To Watch or Listen to the Meeting
How To Make a Public Comment
- Email comments to ParksComments@marincounty.org no later than 3:30 p.m. on the day before the meeting. Include the agenda item, your name, and address. These comments will be forwarded to the IPM Commission and will be placed into the public record. Attachments to emails are permitted. Please note that emailed comments will not be read aloud during the IPM Commission meeting.
- Join the Zoom meeting by device or telephone. On a device click the Zoom “raise hand” icon. On a phone press *9 to “raise hand.” The moderator will tell you when it’s your turn to speak.
- All comments become part of the public record.
- Call to Order
- Public Comment Time
Open time for public expression, up to three minutes per speaker, on items not on today's agenda. Commissioners will hear items without return comment or discussion. Testimony regarding matters not on the agenda will not be considered part of the administrative record.
- Approve Minutes for Meeting Held on July 23, 2021 (Action Item)
- IPM Coordinator's 2021 Third Quarter Report (Information Item)
Staff will present an IPM program report for the 3nd quarter of 2021. Topics will include summary of product use, violations and exemptions issued and alternative IPM efforts associated with the County’s IPM program.
- Proposed Allowed Products List (Information Item)
Staff will present and highlight proposed changes to the recommended 2021 Allowed Products List for both structural and landscape maintenance pest control. This list will come back to the IPM Commission in January as an action item with the Annual IPM Coordinators Report.
- Annual IPM Award (Action Item)
The commission will review nomination process, and form subcommittee to review applications. Deadline for submissions is Oct 31, 2020. Subcommittee will present its recommendation to the Commission at the January meeting, where Commission will formally vote to award the 2020 Marin County IPM Award. Recommendation: Form subcommittee to review nominations.
- Explore Ways to Develop IPM Competencies of Marin Citizens and Professionals in 2021 (Information Item)
Discuss how the IPM Commission can facilitate education and continuous improvement of IPM activities in Marin County. Explore opportunities to share best practices related to the IPM process and existing practical IPM resources such as provided by the UC Statewide IPM Program.
- Election of Officers for 2021 (Action Item)
Chair will create an ad-hoc committee to consider and develop a slate of candidates consisting of Chair, Vice-Chair, and 2nd Vice Chair to be brought back before the commission at the January 2021 meeting for consideration. Recommendation: Form subcommittee to create slate of officers.
- Commission Member Comments (Information Item)
Commission members may briefly speak about items of interest to the commission that does not appear on the agenda. Commissioners cannot discuss or take action on these items.