Commercial Dog Walker Permits


Commercial dog walkers interested in conducting business on Marin County Open Space District (MCOSD) lands must obtain a commercial use permit from the MCOSD. To apply for a commercial use permit for professional dog walking, download and read the following items:


Applicants must complete and submit all required documents and fees to Marin County Parks, 3501 Civic Center Drive, Suite 260, San Rafael, CA, 94903, Attention: Gabe Ngarangad. Make sure to complete, sign, and date documents as needed. An incomplete permit application package cannot be processed.

Required documents checklist:


Applicants shall provide proof that they have current commercial general liability insurance in the amount of $1,000,000 ($2,000,000 aggregate). Marin County Parks and the Marin County Open Space District shall be named as additional insured on the policy. The additional insured endorsement shall include the general liability insurance policy number. Acceptable additional insured endorsements include:

  • Blanket additional insured endorsement
  • Separate additional insured endorsement that names Marin County Parks and the Marin County Open Space District as additional insured


Within 30 days of receipt of all required documents, the MCOSD staff will review the documents and contact the applicant to arrange an in-person meeting to:

  • Discuss permit rules, regulations, and conditions
  • Provide a copy of approved application
  • Supply applicant with identification vest(s)

For general questions about the MCOSD commercial dog walker permit program, contact Ranger Gabe Ngarangad at (415) 473-2816.

For questions about the permit process and/or insurance requirements contact MCOSD Permits at (415) 473-7608.